Photo by South Dakota Department of Tourism
Timeline & FAQ
The project duration from start to finish is twelve months with an anticipated completion date by November 2019.
Yes, this is a community-input driven process and the outcome and future recommendations will come from the needs and vision articulated by the community members.
Through the Participate section on this website you can provide open ended suggestions, respond to the online survey, know the dates for public meetings and even share feedback through social media.
- The Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation Department:
- PROS Consulting, INC., a nationally recognized firm for parks and recreation planning, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN to assist with the Master Plan. The primary contacts are William Younger, Senior Project Manager and Philip Parnin, Senior Project Manager.
- Confluence has an office in Sioux Falls bringing landscape architecture, planning and urban design together as a creative but practical means of merging our client’s needs with the environment. The primary contacts are Jon Jacobson, ASLA, PLA / Senior Principal and Chad Kucker, ASLA, PLA, CID, LEED, AP / Associate
- ETC Institute is a leading Market Research company offering community surveys, employee satisfaction survey, transportation surveys, community planning surveys, voter opinion surveys, and parks and recreation surveys.
- Counsilman Hunsaker is a nationally recognized firm that specializes in aquatics. Their extensive background helps communities create visionary aquatic transformations of existing facilities and expertise helps make the vision a reality.
Learn more about the team.
Project information including key meeting dates, completed technical reports, and final documents will be made available to the community through the project website